All the schools in Teton Valley, Idaho will be closed for the rest of this week. In an official statement sent out Tuesday evening, Teton County School District 401 stated, “After reviewing the increasing absenteeism of 20% or higher this week of students and staff and substitutes, due to illness, all schools at Teton School District 401 will be closed Feb. 6-7-8. This decision has been made in reviewing information with principals, medical professionals, and other school districts in Eastern Idaho that have taken similar steps.” Parents and staff were alerted by text message, and principals and administrators took steps to notify students, parents, staff and those affiliated with any school program or activity that was scheduled over the next three days. Additionally, the district says there will be no school-sponsored Winter Sports activities. Superintendent of Schools Monte Woolstenhulme stated, “This affects our entire community. Please take steps to stay home if you are sick and avoid contact with others.” All of the schools are to be disinfected thoroughly while they are closed.
Mountain town News
- Startling climate change conclusions of Colorado researcher
- Can these Colorado governments win lawsuit again fossil fuel companies?
- Colorado may add carbon pricing to utility planning
- Warming temperatures but especially so during spring months
- Vail Resorts, Donald Trump and AOC on how capitalism has fallen short
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin