Approximately 30 members of Jackson Hole Middle School’s and Jackson Hole High School’s Best Buddies clubs are participating in the Best Buddies Friendship Walk on the Jackson Town Square today. According to their website, the Friendship Walk is the number one walk in the country raising awareness and funds to support inclusion for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Jackson Hole High School Best Buddies staff sponsor Mark Pommer explains the Best Buddies program’s intention is to empower the special abilities of people with intellectual disabilities by helping them form meaningful, integrated, and authentic friendships with their high school peers. He says the primary focus of the Friendship Walk is to spread awareness and news of the Best Buddies mission. The funds raised help the local chapter pay for local events but also help support Best Buddies International as a foundation.
Mountain town News
- Startling climate change conclusions of Colorado researcher
- Can these Colorado governments win lawsuit again fossil fuel companies?
- Colorado may add carbon pricing to utility planning
- Warming temperatures but especially so during spring months
- Vail Resorts, Donald Trump and AOC on how capitalism has fallen short
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin