Thanks to the generosity of many donors augmented by the matching challenge issued by Foster and Lynn Friess, the Roosevelt Fire Disaster Recovery Fund has received $410,862 as of late last month. Donations have come in from hundreds of donors from across the country to the Lions of Wyoming Foundation which are then forwarded to the Pinedale Lions Club for distribution. To date, the Roosevelt Fire Fund Distribution Committee has made two rounds of distributions totaling $126,294 to individuals and families who suffered losses in the fire. In addition to this, a one-time distribution was made to the Hoback Ranches Service and Improvement District in the amount of $100,000 in support of mitigation and recovery efforts focused on core community infrastructure that will help ensure the safety of people in the impacted areas and allow people to access their properties to clear debris and begin the rebuilding process. Anyone If wishing to make a donation to help support Roosevelt Fire victims can send checks to the Lions of Wyoming Foundation at 224 Talon Court, Cheyenne, WY 82009. “Roosevelt Fire” should be noted in the memo line. Tax letters will be sent to all donors.
Mountain town News
- Startling climate change conclusions of Colorado researcher
- Can these Colorado governments win lawsuit again fossil fuel companies?
- Colorado may add carbon pricing to utility planning
- Warming temperatures but especially so during spring months
- Vail Resorts, Donald Trump and AOC on how capitalism has fallen short
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin