Findings from the investigation into the fatal fire July 10thin Pinedale have been released now showing the fire was accidental. According to the state fire marshal, the fire originated on the cook stove in the kitchen. The occupants had left the front door open as well as a bedroom window due to the warm night and the open windows and doors allowed for increased air flow into the structure. This air flow caused the fire to grow rapidly from the kitchen, to the short hall between the bedroom and kitchen. An opening in the wall between the kitchen and living room allowed for the fire and hot fire gasses to enter into the living room. 67-year-old James Tipton died in the blaze while 57-year-old Tricia Gunderson had been able to exit the home with serious injuries. Gunderson was admitted to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center’s intensive care ward.
PODCASTS FROM Jackson Hole Radio
Mountain town News
powered by RSS Just Better 1.4 plugin