An early morning fire at High Country Linen in Jackson, could have been a lot worse if not for the business’s sprinkler system. That’s the assessment of Jackson Hole Fire Marshal Kathy Clay who says the call came in about 3:45 Friday morning, reporting smoke and water coming out of the building. Clay says the fire department made entry to the building and discovered the sprinkler system had pretty well extinguished the fire. She says her investigation indicates that the fire started in a “roll-around cart” that was filled with industrial rags that had been collected the day before and covered with plastic and also had rags on top of it. This, she says, made for circumstances that were ideal for spontaneous combustion. Damage from the fire was held to several laundry carts filled with rags and some minor smoke that filtered elsewhere into the building. Company owner, Mark Barron says surveillance cameras documented the fire’s start, and he says the sprinkler system installed in the building in 1999 did exactly what it was supposed to. Barron says clean-up from the fire today will be minimal and he praises the members of the fire department for what he termed their amazing response. Altogether, Fire Chief Willy Watsabaugh units from three stations and 32 firefighters responded to the fire.