Fire just before 7:30 pm last night leveled a shed in the town of Wilson, but firefighters were able to keep the blaze from spreading to the nearby structures. Fire Marshal Kathy Clay says part of the reason for that success was unusual circumstances that led to an uncommonly quick response. Clay says the Wilson station was having a special meeting and the firefighters were all at the station when the call was made. She says the firefighters quickly arrived, holding the fire to the single shed which turned out to be a chicken coop. Clay says after the fire was extinguished, the investigation determined the cause to be a heating unit that had been placed in the shed to keep a group of young chicks warm. She says a heat lamp was suspended above the chicks being raised in the coop, and when the older chickens came in for the night, they knocked the lamp into the area where the young chicks were and the lamp ignited the shavings that were in the area where the chicks were causing them to ignite and spread into a fire that consumed the chicken coop. Clay says the owner of the destroyed coop voiced concerns that other people raising chickens in the community need to be made aware of the risks associated with the heat lamps. Clay adds that sufficient electrical service and wiring needs to be in place for the heat lamps that draw a lot of amperage.