The historic Miller House on the National Elk Refuge has posted its busiest season for visitation since it opened to the public in 2005. According to Refuge Spokesperson Lori Iverson, over 3,000 people had visited the site by Labor Day and several weeks still remain in the 2013 season. The Miller House and surrounding land was the first piece of property purchased for the creation of the National Elk Refuge, established in 1912. Decorated with period pieces, the homestead gives visitors the opportunity to learn more about the establishment and early history of the Refuge. The attraction closes for the season September 22nd. Until then, admission to the historic Miller House is free.