Fast action on the parts of the occupants of a condominium located in the Aspens on Moose/Wilson Road prevented a chimney-chase fire Sunday night from turning into a much more serious event. Fire Marshal Kathy Clay says units from three Jackson Hole fire stations responded to the fire about 9:00 pm, but found actions by the vacationing occupants had done much to slow the fire’s progress. Clay says the individuals were watching TV downstairs when a smoke alarm sounded upstairs. Finding smoke gathering there, they suspected a chimney fire. Returning downstairs, one of the occupants used a fire extinguisher to douse the fire in the fireplace. At that time, she says he noticed some coals had appeared on the mantle, and he discharged another fire extinguisher into a space above the mantle and called the fire department. Clay says the fire was likely caused by wood fires over the years causing coking inside the chimney chase. Clay urges those how believe they have a fireplace or wood-burning insert that is old and was put in some time ago, it would be prudent have someone do an interior inspection to make sure that there aren’t any combustible materials that are too close to the unit that might show some advanced pyrolysis or the pre-burning of wood on the inside of a chase. Clay also reminds the public to be sure they have working smoke detectors in multiple locations in the residence, and have a fire extinguisher or two in the unit in the event of an incident.