Idaho officials continue to investigate the carbon monoxide leak that killed a Pocatello family late Saturday or early Sunday. Officials continue to investigate the exact cause of the leak but suspect the gas-fired water heater. Here in Jackson Hole, Fire Marshal Kathy Clay says the heavy snows we have been receiving make homes more susceptible to venting failures that can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. Says Clay: “With the roofs being heavy with the snow that we’ve gotten this winter, a lot of the roofs are sliding and taking [out] ventilation pipes or disturbing them enough that it could potentially cause a carbon monoxide leak inside your home.” Clay says detectors around Jackson Hole are already sounding because of this problem. Clay reminds that carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can only be sensed by detectors. She also advises that if family members are becoming headachy or nauseous, carbon monoxide exposure should be suspected.