Home » State of Wyoming » Currently Reading:

Wind River Indian Reservation Sees Big Money in Government Settlement

April 24, 2014 State of Wyoming No Comments

Wind River Indian Reservation’s first payment for the $157 million federal settlement came through yesterday as members of the Northern Arapaho Tribe started receiving $6,300 checks in the mail. Native Americans flocked to the banks, car dealerships and auto parts stores in Riverton and Lander. After a 1970’s lawsuit, Federal law requires 85 percent of Native American mineral royalties be paid to individual tribal members and the other 15 percent going to the tribes as a whole

Comment on this Article:

LOST CREEK RANCH AND SPA WEBCAM

Quake List

Archive

Weather Alerts

Wyoming News

  • I’ll try anything to stay cool in the summer - July 24, 2014
    I recently saw an advertisement for a product that’s sure to be a big hit with outdoorsmen. Especially those of us who stomp around in the woods when the temperatures climb into the nineties. Last weekend, I found myself sitting in jeans, boots, a long-sleeved shirt and a cowboy hat at Cheyenne Frontier Days. While […]
  • Start honing your archery skills now - July 23, 2014
    Don’t just let that bow sit in the closet or out in the garage all summer. Dust off the case, take the bow out and get some practice. There are dozens of archery ranges around the state where you can practice shooting in the off season. If you don’t know where the one closest to […]
  • Body of Overdue Hiker Found in Grand Teton National Park - July 23, 2014
    The body of an overdue hiker was discovered Tuesday afternoon near the mouth of Cascade Canyon in Grand Teton National Park. Park officials report that Will Cornyn, 36, of San Francisco, Calif. was found below a steep cliff band near Inspiration Point. Cornyn had been reported overdue by his girlfriend on Monday when he did […]
  • Wyoming Sees Increase in Whooping Cough - July 22, 2014
    With continued growth in reported pertussis (whooping cough) cases this year, the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) is encouraging awareness of the disease and vaccination to help protect vulnerable residents, especially infants. Forty-three pertussis cases have been reported to WDH so far this year, compared to a total of 76 in 2013, 59 in 2012, […]

The Latest RSS Items

  • No items found in feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/StefaniasBlog?format=xml. You requested 5 items.
  • powered by RSS Just Better 1.3 plugin