Floaters on Flat Creek will have some reading material this summer thanks to direction from the Town Council.
They acted on the suggestion of resident Franz Camenzind who said the behavior of some floaters was inexcusable.
Signs will inform floaters about:
- Open container laws
- Public urination laws
- Littering laws
- Respecting private property owners in terms of quiet enjoyment and not trespassing on private property
- Respecting private businesses along Flat Creek including not parking in private parking lots
- Potentially dangerous and swift flowing water, hazards including low clearance bridges, water depth in locations, water temperature
- Distance between public ingress and egress points along Flat Creek
- Limiting disturbance of creek bed and creek sides to protect riparian habitat
Jim Stanford made a motion to approve, the council voted yes.