Statement as of 4:02 AM MDT on October 17, 2016
* …Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MDT this evening…
* timing…moderate to occasionally heavy snow will continue through this morning. Snow will taper off by this evening.
* Snowfall amounts…6 to 10 inches with localized areas seeing up to a foot.
* Wind and visibility…variable wind 10 to 25 mph in the higher elevations with gusts 30 to 40 mph at times. Visibility will be reduced to under one half mile at times in snow and blowing snow.
* Impacts…hunters and other outdoor enthusiasts should be prepared for wet snow and cold temperatures. Roads… including Teton and togwotee passes…will be snow covered and hazardous. Precautionary/preparedness actions… A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered and slick roads with limited visibilities. Slow down… and allow extra time to reach your destination. Check the latest Road conditions at wyoroad.Info or by dialing 5 1 1.