Fire Departments Warn On Dryer Safety

The Dubois Fire Department is cautioning the public to be sure dryer vents are installed and maintained properly. The caution comes in response to a fatal house fire in Riverton last week which investigators determined was the result of an improperly vented dryer. A 49-year-old man and his 11-year-old daughter died in that fire last Thursday. Fire officials say dryers should never be operated without a lint filter, and lint filters should be cleaned regularly. Make sure the outside exhaust pipe is not blocked by snow. Have the dryer inspected periodically by a professional. Never leave a dryer running when you are not at home or have gone to bed. The department points out that the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is a failure to clean them. Firefighters has responded to the home at about 5:00 am last Thursday and found the man and his daughter deceased inside the fully-involved building.

Previous Story

National Park Service Looks To Increase Access

Next Story

New Year’s Eve Late Night START Bus Service

Latest from Blog

Swan Valley man found

A Swan Valley man missing since October 9th has been located. Bonneville County Search and Rescue

withemes on instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.