Fire Department Reminds On Heaters

With the onset of more frigid temperatures, area many residents are looking for ways to augment their home heating. Teton County Fire Marshal Kathy Clay says when doing so, there are some clear cautions that should be observed. First involves the variety of space heater that is brought in.

“Any kind of a fuel-burning heater is going to off gas carbon monoxide and people need to be very cognoscente of bringing those kinds of heaters into their homes.” Clay says.

She also cautions those using electric space heaters to plug them directly into an outlet and not use an extension cord. Regardless of the kind of heater, Clay says caution should be observed to not have combustibles anywhere near them.

Clay also reminds that wood stoves also produce carbon monoxide, and she urges homeowners to be sure they have a working carbon monoxide detector in their houses.

Previous Story

Sheep Meetings Scheduled

Next Story

Freedom Man Must Stop Practicing Law

Latest from Blog

withemes on instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.