News from Jackson Hole Radio February 22, 2021

House Fire Damages Bathroom

by Jackson Hole Radio News

A structure fire Sunday morning on Teton Village Road left a family’s home filled with smoke and a bathroom heavily damaged by fire. Jackson/Teton County Fire EMS Chief Brady Hansen says the call came in about 9:15 am and response was very fast since the home was near Station 6.

Hansen says the family had attempted to extinguish the fire as they awaited fire units, but ultimately fled the building. Hansen says the fire started in the bathroom’s exhaust fan and spread through the ceiling.

He explains that bathroom fans can fail for a number of reasons including dirt or insulation getting into the workings or the bearings in the motor wearing out over time.

Fortunately, the fire damage was confined to the bathroom and the family will be able to occupy the home once the moderate smoke damage is cleared out.