Pinedale House Fire

Much of the contents and majority of the structure of a Pinedale home were saved by prompt firefighter salvage and suppression activities in the residence last Wednesday.

According to a release from Sublette County Unified Fire, units were dispatched to the structure fire on Washington Street in Pinedale at about 7:20 pm. Upon arrival, firefighters observed heavy smoke being produced from the residence, and flames could be seen through a window on the second floor.

Firefighters initiated an interior attack and were able to extinguish the fire. Powerlines around the residence prevented the effective use of the ladder truck to access the roof of the home, and the integrity of the roof structure limited firefighter activities to interior operations.

The investigation determined a pinched electrical wire located between the first story ceiling and second story floor of the home was the cause of the fire. The structure itself dates back to the 1928 era, at a time when electrical and building codes were much different.

The occupants were not at home during the fire and no responder injuries occurred during the suppression activities.

Previous Story

Yellowstone recruits youth

Next Story

Northern South Park Survey

Latest from Blog

Swan Valley man found

A Swan Valley man missing since October 9th has been located. Bonneville County Search and Rescue

withemes on instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.