Snow King fire was from short circuit

The cause of the wildfire on Snow King Mountain Sunday afternoon that drew a comprehensive response at first has now been determined. Jackson Hole Fire/EMS responded to the reported brush fire at around 4:15 pm and extinguished the fire, which involved about a quarter acre at the Resort’s Alpine slide.

An investigation revealed that the fire started due to a short-circuiting electrical wire and has since been addressed by Snow King Mountain Resort. Due to record high temperatures and extremely dry conditions, any source of heat can become an ignition source. Jackson Hole Fire/EMS encourages the public to check extension cords, outdoor lighting, and any outdoor cooking equipment for any possible issues.

Previous Story

Flags lowered for Vietnam era vet

Next Story

Grand Teton National Park is celebrating Latino Conservation Week

Latest from Blog

Fire near Big Piney

A Type 3 firefighting team has been ordered to suppress a new fire located about half-way

Enzi remembered

Reactions to the death of Wyoming’s former US Senator Mike Enzi continue to echo across the

withemes on instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.