It wasn’t a fire after all. Jackson hole Fire/EMS responded to reports of steam or smoke in the building at Summit Innovations School just north of High School Road about 11:00 am Tuesday morning. All staff and students were evacuated while the incident was being investigated. T
hey returned, however, after Jackson Hole Fire/EMS gave the all clear, which allowed staff and students to re-enter the school and collect their belongings before ending the summer school day 30 minutes early.
Fire officials posted on their website that It appears the incident was the result of an issue with a boiler venting a lot of steam. Teton County School District Facilities Department is looking into the boiler problem.