Gas grill likely caused fire

It was probably a gas grill on the deck at the Blair Apartment building that started Sunday’s fire which charred two third floor units and caused smoke and water damage to units below. Fire Marshal Kathy Clay finished the investigation into the fire yesterday, calling it an accidental fire. Clay says the most probable cause was a propane gas grill.




Clay said many other factors were ruled out through the investigation process. This is the third gas grill fire in Teton County this year. Clay reminds community members to never leave a lit grill; to keep it away from combustible items, walls, and overhangs; and to completely turn off the knobs and the gas tank after every use. Clay says she is grateful to Grand Teton National Park Supervisory Park Ranger Jim Warren for his assistance with the investigation.



Previous Story

Barrasso and Lummis fight mandate

Next Story

Rhea new Fisheries Supervisor

Latest from Blog

withemes on instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.