Grand Teton National Park gets larger

/
grand teton National Park Service

Representatives of Grand Teton National Park, The Conservation Fund, and the Hauge, Laughlin and Resor families have marked the anniversary of the establishment of Grand Teton National Park on February 26, 1929, with the announcement of the acquisition of a 35-acre parcel inside the park’s southwest boundary.
The newly protected parcel continues a nearly century-long vision and conservation effort to make Grand Teton whole. The National Park Service and national nonprofit, The Conservation Fund have worked in partnership over the last two decades to protect 140 acres to date in the southwestern corner of Grand Teton National Park.


Saturday’s acquisition marks the fourth such parcel purchased by the National Park Service in cooperation with The Conservation Fund and the families, utilizing funding from the Land and Water Conservation Fund.

Previous Story

Lummis responds to Biden speech

Next Story

Yin discusses ARPA funds

Latest from Blog

withemes on instagram

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No connected account.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.