- Informative housing forum hosted by JH Working on June 29
- Focus on understanding Teton County housing issues and community changes
- Insights from panelists and updates on Northern South Park
- Goal to provide knowledge and advocacy tools for effective housing solutions
JH Working is organizing an informational forum to delve into Teton County housing matters. Taking place on Thursday, June 29, from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm at the Ordway Auditorium in the Teton County Library, the event aims to provide valuable insights into the housing landscape. Lunch will be provided for attendees.
Exploring Housing Issues and Community Changes:
With housing concerns at the forefront of community discussions, this program seeks to unpack the factors that have contributed to the current situation. It will shed light on our evolving community and delve into the roles played by the public/nonprofit and private sectors in housing development. Additionally, the forum will offer an update on Northern South Park and provide avenues for public engagement.
Distinguished Panelists and Moderator:
The panelists for the day include Anne Cresswell, Commissioner Greg Epstein, April Norton, and Senator Mike Gierau. Ruth Ann Petroff, the JH Working Board Chair, will moderate the panel discussions, ensuring an engaging and informative session.
Building Knowledge and Advocacy:
Recognizing the community’s desire for a deeper understanding of the housing situation and potential solutions, JH Working aims to condense information and equip attendees with knowledge and effective advocacy tools. By engaging with experts who possess insights and historical context surrounding housing issues, the forum seeks to foster a better understanding of Teton County’s housing landscape among individuals and organizations.
- 10:30 am: Welcome by Ted Staryk
- 10:35 am: Panel Discussion moderated by Ruth Ann Petroff
- Topic: Understanding our changing community through statistics
- Panelists: Mike Gierau, Kari Cooper
- 11:15 am: Public & Non-Profit Housing Discussion moderated by Melissa Turley
- Panelists/Presenters: Anne Cresswell, Kris Greenville, April Norton
- 12:00 pm: Break (15 minutes to grab provided lunch and eat during the program)
- 12:15 pm: Panel Discussion moderated by Jessica Jaubert
- Topic: Developing public policy for market/private solution
- Panelists: Tyler Davis, Jenn Ford, Rick Howe
- 1:15 pm: Northern South Park Presentation
The public is invited to participate in this informative forum, which aims to deepen understanding and facilitate effective advocacy for housing solutions. Due to limited parking, attendees are encouraged to find suitable parking options nearby.