The Transportation Security Administration has begun the process to take over airport security screening operations at Jackson Hole Airport.
Starting May 1, 2023, travelers departing Jackson Hole will be screened by TSA officers employed by the federal government.
These services had been privately contracted by TSA to the Town of Jackson and the Jackson Hole Airport Board.
The change was made when the airport board’s bid to retain the federal contract exceeded the maximum allowed by the feds.
TSA Federal Security Director for Wyoming Richard Whitmer said that their commitment to the Jackson community is strong and they look forward to being a good partner as they transition.
TSA said it is working to move existing personell to federal employment with full benefits.
The airport board was concerned that under the TSA cost mandate they would have had difficulty maintaining wages and benefits of the existing staff.
Even thouh the contract at the airport had been private, TSA has maintained oversight of all operations to meet security protocols and standards.
- Alabama Man Convicted in 25-Year-Old Wyoming Wildlife Case After Decades on the Run - March 20, 2025
- USPS Launches Safe Driving Campaign to Protect Wyoming Postal Workers in 2025 - March 20, 2025
- Jackson’s Michael Glover Joins 2025 Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge to Fund Cancer Research - March 20, 2025